Speed Problem

TikonaCare

Re: Speed Problem

Post by TikonaCare » May 9th, 2014, 4:32 pm

Dear Subscriber,

Greetings from Tikona.

With regards to your concern, we had outcalled you and now confirm that currently you are receiving speed as per the tariff plan opted by you.

The Plan opted by you is ADULM2048 plan and as per this plan, your primary speed is 2MBPS till 50GBs usage and post this usage your speed will depend upon contention ratio.

The "contention ratio" is the maximum number of other people you will have to share the connection infrastructure with. So a contention ratio of 1:50 would mean that the maximum number of people you could be sharing the connection with at any time is 49 other people. If all 50 people were downloading at the same time then your download speed could drop, in reality though this doesn't happen and you can enjoy much faster download speeds.

Contention Ratio: 1:10 for Bill Free plans, 1:20 for Bonus Bandwidth and Unlimited Plans. TDN reserves right to increase contention ratio up to 1:50 for Unlimited Usage Plans, if usage during the billing cycle crosses fair usage.

This information is also shared in terms and condition http://tikona.in/for-homes-wireless-bro ... s-national

For any further issues/queries, please contact us on our toll free number 1-800 209 4276.

Regards,
Tikona Care.

harshmalpani
Tikona User ID: 1109631059

Speed Problem

Post by harshmalpani » May 6th, 2014, 12:46 pm

Hi there!
I recently upgraded my plan from ADBBM699 to ADULM2048 but From last 2 days my internet speed has degraded to mere ~400kbps whereas I expect 2000kbps. :? :x In the plan details, It is clearly mentioned that there is NO GB LIMIT but I dont know why I am getting such low speeds :oops: :oops: . Kindly note my Tikona userid 1109631059.
Image :roll:
please someone sort this speed issue.

I registered on this site to only to post this problem. Furthermore I want to discuss about the connectivity issues. My connected is disconnected after a few minutes automatically, the only option I am left with is to disconnect the POE/LAN anf shut down the router and wait for 1 minute and restart it again. This is actually very frustrating. :evil: