DNS Server Configuration

rupakrathore

Re: DNS Server Configuration

Post by rupakrathore » November 19th, 2012, 5:28 pm

tarun.kumar wrote:Thanks for useful feedback.
Our core team is examining your observations and correct your location specific CNS settings if any .
We will contact you directly in case any specific information is required .
Appreciate the response. I guess it is faster on forum than on phone :) I could never explain this problem to your customer care executives.

Will be glad to help. I can publish result from DNS response tests next time I run them. I did RCA of youtube buffering issue and found DNS as potential culprit. The issue though isn't fully resolved.

Do you have a low connection timeout setup in your network in case no packet is received? That's my second analysis but I could never check that as I am not your network admin :) :)

I just love instant loading times, whenever I can get that. Given the speed of 4mbps, I should get them on almost every page.

tarun.kumar

Re: DNS Server Configuration

Post by tarun.kumar » November 19th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Thanks for useful feedback.
Our core team is examining your observations and correct your location specific CNS settings if any .
We will contact you directly in case any specific information is required .
Regards ,
Tarun

rupakrathore

DNS Server Configuration

Post by rupakrathore » November 19th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Folks,

I'm expecting only knowledgeable people to reply to this post. If you don't know what's DNS or how it operates, please refrain from replying.

I have found that default DNS services by Tikona have way high resolution times for majority of US websites, specially those have multiple servers across the globe. The resultant server is also not always the most appropriate (nearest / fastest response times).

I have experimented with various DNS settings and found that using Google DNS servers significantly improve my browsing experience. Of course, auto-login to Tikona will be a problem so switching DNS is only option in those scenarios and then flipping back to Google DNS.

What's your DNS configurations?

PS: My location is NOIDA.