How to Configure Personal Router

Re: How to Configure Personal Router

Postby TikonaCare » March 29th, 2013, 4:38 pm

Dear Mr. Hemant,

Tikona provides Broadband connectivity with Ethernet port and hence WI-FI connectivity can be provided by a Wi-Fi Router with an Ethernet WAN port (RJ45 Connector Used).

Please check the specification of router or confirm with router provider if the device mentioned by you support above mentioned technology.

Alternatively you can also opt for Tikona all Home services for wireless solution.

Refer http://tikona.in/for-homes-wireless-bro ... ans-Mumbai for more information on All home or contact Tikona support.

Regards,
TikonaSupport.
TikonaCare

Postby hemant1854 » March 26th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Hi,

I have TP-LINK TD-W8921G 54M wireless ADSL2 + modem router. Can i configure wifi using this router ?
If yes then please help me.
hemant1854

Postby TikonaCare » March 20th, 2013, 6:24 pm

Dear Mr. Abhirup,

Tikona Secure Wireless Network uses Most Advance Wireless Protected Access II (WPA2) encryption along with Advance Encryption System (AES ) to connect between Two Wireless End Points .

WPA2 is a pervasive, global standard widely adopted in highly secure environments. WPA2 helps protect networks against hacker threats such as man-in-the-middle attacks, authentication forging, reply, key collision, weak keys, packet forging, and brute-force/dictionary attacks.

Use of AES cipher with 128 bit Key and a 48 bit Initialization Vector makes WPA-2 AES encryption scheme unbreakable. Data and header Integrity is maintained thru CCMP while Key Management is done thru 802.1x EAP-TTLS . Tikona Secure Wireless Network does not use Pre-Shared Keys thus making the EAP-TTLS Encryption key transfer a highly Secure Process.

We are the only Broadband operator till date that fully complies with DOT directive on Wi-Fi security with regards to centralized authentication.

There are other equipment and device which may or may not have the same functionality and security configuration. You can get extended support from Tikona on the routers purchased from Tikona.

You can refer http://tikona.in/for-homes-wireless-bro ... ans-Mumbai for more information about your requirements on Wi-Fi router and Static IP.

Tikona provides Broadband connectivity with Ethernet port and hence WI-FI connectivity can be provided by a Wi-Fi Router with an Ethernet WAN port (RJ45 Connector Used). Plenty of Wi-Fi routers are available in market .

You will have to check with the router provider about if the said router is equipped with the above mentioned technology.

Regards
TikonaSupport
TikonaCare

Postby 1106392162 » March 19th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Hi,

I have been using Tikona wired connection for a single system. But as now I have 2 more systems I want to go for WiFi connection. Could you please suggest me if TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router would solve my purpose.

PS: I am currently using a simple small box that is provided by tikona for wired connection.

Postby TikonaCare » February 27th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Dear Mr. Ramesh,

As per our conversation,we tried the reqiured troubleshooting on your device, but the type of router you are using cannot be used with with network.

Tikona does provide the Wifi solution for the customers, please refer the below link for available services.

http://tikona.in/for-homes-wireless-bro ... ans-Mumbai

Regards
TikonaSupport
TikonaCare

Postby sathish3245 » February 26th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Hi Prasad,

I have a Binatone Wi-fi ADSL modem. I've followed your configuration settings (refer below), saved and restarted the modem. However, i could find my SSID on the "connect to" window. Please help.

IP : 192.168.1.1

3. Wireless Settings should be as below

Network Name/ SSID: Write Network Name which you want to Broadcast for your home wireless Connectivity.(Ensure there are no spaces or special characters in your network name)

Wireless SSID Broadcast: Enable Broadcast

Region: Asia/ India ( As per options available in settings)

Channel: Keep it on Auto mode, If Auto option is not there then select any random Channel

Mode: Mixed/ Both b and g mode

Security Option: WPA2 PSK (Wi-Fi protected access Pre-Shared Key)

Passphrase Key: User has to set this key as per his convenience and same has been used while connecting WI-FI devices to his personal Router.

Note: Make sure that your passphrase key is having strong keyword so that no one can guess it easily. Strong Passphrase key will help to ensure security.

4. Internet/ WAN Settings:
Internet Settings:
Select Option from one of the below
Dynamic IP/ Get Dynamically From ISP/ Automatic Configuration-DHCP

5. LAN Settings:
This setting will specify IP Settings allotted to your Device( Laptop/Smart Device etc).
LAN Settings/Router Settings/DHCP Server Settings: Keep this on DHCP.

> Finally, Save above settings and remove cable from Router.
> Restart the Router.
sathish3245

Postby TikonaCare » February 18th, 2013, 2:00 pm

sumeetbaid wrote:Hi,

I have a Belkin router,

Regards
Sumeet

Dear Mr. Sumeet,

Browsing speed will be divided among the active session. However any active session will be automatically logged out once kept idle for more than 20 min. As mentioned by you speed drops only after the router is connected, issue seems to be with the router configuration itself. Our team tried calling you on your registred details but we were not able to reach you. Confirm if you are using the services within the range limit of the router.

You can also refer below post for few basic tips on improving speed.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=114

We also provide Tikona routers with the all home solution, under which you get end to end support from us. Please refer below link for more information under Value Added Services section.

http://tikona.in/for-homes-wireless-bro ... ans-Mumbai

Regards
Tikona Support
TikonaCare

Postby TikonaCare » February 18th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Dear Mr. Anand,

Tikona Secure Wireless Network uses Most Advance Wireless Protected Access II (WPA2) encryption along with Advance Encryption System (AES ) to connect between Two Wireless End Points .

WPA2 is a pervasive, global standard widely adopted in highly secure environments. WPA2 helps protect networks against hacker threats such as man-in-the-middle attacks, authentication forging, reply, key collision, weak keys, packet forging, and brute-force/dictionary attacks.

Use of AES cipher with 128 bit Key and a 48 bit Initialization Vector makes WPA-2 AES encryption scheme unbreakable. Data and header Integrity is maintained thru CCMP while Key Management is done thru 802.1x EAP-TTLS . Tikona Secure Wireless Network does not use Pre-Shared Keys thus making the EAP-TTLS Encryption key transfer a highly Secure Process.

We are the only Broadband operator till date that fully complies with DOT directive on Wi-Fi security with regards to centralized authentication.

There are other equipment and device which may or may not have the same functionality and security configuration. You can get extended support from Tikona on the routers purchased from Tikona.

You can refer http://tikona.in/for-homes-wireless-bro ... ans-Mumbai for more information about your requirements on Wi-Fi router and Static IP.

Thanks & Regards
Tikonasupport
TikonaCare

Postby vagishanand » February 18th, 2013, 9:12 am

i have a query

i need to buy a 3rd party router

i have shortlisted 2 such routers
d-link modem router n150

netgear router n300

which one of these would work best with tikona network..............nd in case i change my ISP thn which of these are compatible with another ISP??

ny other suggestions are also welcomed
vagishanand

Postby TikonaCare » February 15th, 2013, 12:20 pm

jackpreet wrote:I have a 2 mbps broadband connection. I have a Belkin F7D2301 v1 router. ?

Dear Mr. Mehta,

As per our conversation on Jan 25, your device has been configured and the services are working perfectly fine.

Regards
Tikona Support
TikonaCare

PreviousNext

Return to Configure Wi-fi Router