After configuring OPEN DNS can't open login page

Re: After configuring OPEN DNS can't open login page

Postby Prasad » January 20th, 2015, 2:04 pm

parth92102 wrote:for the parental control i wants to use open dns. i configured it in my router and it worked well since internet was on. but on the next session of internet for logging i couldn't open the tikona login page. And after reconfiguring DNS to automatically it opened successfully.

Hi,

Open DNS server are situated on public traffic network, so as long as your session is running Open DNS resolves the name. When you are logged out or session stopped (Due to Idle for long period) all traffic to public network is cut off and hence system/Router unable to reach till Open DNS server and thus no DNS resolution to Tikona Login page URL.
That’s why you have to remove Open DNS entries and again reconfigure for every session cut. To overcome this there should be mechanism in router where exception should be raised for Tikona Login page, but common wi-fi router lacks this capability. :(

There are alternate methods to resolve this, please check below:

1. Run a "forwarding proxy DNS server" on your LAN and perform conditional rule for Tikona Login page URL.
-> This method is little bit complex but fully automated.

2. Add Login page name and server IP entry in host file of Windows machine :idea:
-> In your case please add below entry in your windows host file ( C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc) and check login page. It should open even after session cut.

Host File.png
Host File.png (40.67 KiB) Viewed 3353 times

So you don’t have to reconfigure Open DNS entries on router.

Please check this and let us know your feedback.
Regards,
Prasad Bhatte
Prasad

Re: After configuring OPEN DNS can't open login page

Postby TikonaCare » January 19th, 2015, 5:25 pm

Dear Mr. Sutariya,

Greetings from Tikona.

We called you to understand your exact concern, however as currently you were unavailable to discuss the same, we will call you at the given time.

We thank you for your association with Tikona for past 9 months and we look forward to have many more years of association with you.

Regards,
Tikona Care
TikonaCare

After configuring OPEN DNS can't open login page

Postby parth92102 » January 15th, 2015, 10:34 am

for the parental control i wants to use open dns. i configured it in my router and it worked well since internet was on. but on the next session of internet for logging i couldn't open the tikona login page. And after reconfiguring DNS to automatically it opened successfully.

seeking help as soon as possible. I tried calling 4 times customer care via toll free. but their techincal knowledge is very poor. they can't understand or even they don't know much about DNS. they just keep saying sir you must have to keep it automatically. we can't help further.

so hope that from here, i will find solution from a well knowledge person.
parth92102

Return to Grievances & Resolutions