Bandwidth dropped to 1Mpbs for 4Mbps Connection

Re: Bandwidth dropped to 1Mpbs for 4Mbps Connection

Postby TikonaCare » January 11th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Dear Mr. Katoch,

Greetings from Tikona.

With regards to your concern, we have been trying to reach you on your registered mobile number, however, same is switched off.

If you wish to update your registered mobile number, we request you to call our toll free number 1800 20 94276.

Further, we have been monitoring your account however, no issues were observed.

You are in ADULQ4096 plan and as per this plan, your primary speed is 4MBPS till 240GB usage and posts this usage your speed will depend upon contention ratio. Currently your usage is 262GBs; hence the speed you get is as per contention ratio.

The "contention ratio" is the maximum number of other people you will have to share the connection infrastructure with. So a contention ratio of 1:50 would mean that the maximum number of people you could be sharing the connection with at any time is 49 other people. If all 50 people were downloading at the same time then your download speed could drop, in reality though this doesn't happen and you can enjoy much faster download speeds.

Contention Ratio: 1:10 for Bill Free plans, 1:20 for Bonus Bandwidth and Unlimited Plans. TDN reserves right to increase contention ratio up to 1:50 for Unlimited Usage Plans, if usage during the billing cycle crosses fair usage.

Also, we request you to refer the link below in order to improvise Speed Performance of the service:

Link: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=114&p=133&hilit=improve+speed#p133

For any further issues/queries, you can contact us on our toll free number 1-800-209-4276.

Regards,
Tikona Care.
TikonaCare

Bandwidth dropped to 1Mpbs for 4Mbps Connection

Postby manmohansingh » January 8th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Hi,

I have subscribed to 4 Mbps unlimited plan. Since past 4 days, I am barely getting 1 Mbps. Even my friends who have Tikona connection are facing the same issue. So its not the problem with my router or system but from your side only. I have had a very good experience with Tikona for past half year and hope to continue the same. Please look into the issue and fix it.
Hoping for an fast response.

Thanks
Raghav
manmohansingh

Return to Grievances & Resolutions